1. The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority released its business plan for 2018 to 2021, announcing Sellafield’s Thorp reprocessing is on track to finish in 2018. Magnox’s reprocessing is due to be complete by 2020.
The NDA provided status updates and future projections for its decommissioning programmes across its sites.
(Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, Business Plan 2018 – 2021, 29 March 2018, link)
2. Sellafield has up to £850,000 to invest in innovative ways of equipping and supporting nuclear decommissioning operations.
The competition, announced by Innovate UK, opens on 23 April and closes on 15 June 2018.
(Innovate UK, News Story, 4 April 2018, link)
3. Kate Ellis, the Commercial Director of the NDA, was confirmed as a key speaker at the Nuclear Industry Association’s 2018 Decommissioning Conference.
The conference will take place on 18 – 19 June 2018 in London.
(Nuclear Industry Association, Member News, 4 April 2018, link)
4. GMB, The Energy Union, called on the government to ‘stop dithering and give EDF the assurances it needs to make sure the new nuclear reactor at Sizewell is built.’
(GMB, Get Sizewell Built, 5 April 2018, link)
5. The Civic Nuclear Constabulary reported a gender pay gap of 5.6 per cent (mean) and 10.5 per cent (median).
The CNC also released statistics on the percentage of women in each pay quartile, as requested by Government legislation applying to workplaces of 250 or more employees.
(Civil Nuclear Constabulary, CNC gender pay gap report and data – 2017/18, 3 April 2018, link)