1. Jeremy Corbyn MP, the Labour Leader, said he would like the UK to remain a member of Euratom in his speech outlining Labour’s Brexit position.
(Labour Press, 26 February 2018, link)
2. The Public Accounts Committee published its report on the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority: The Magnox Contract.
The Committee reported that the NDA ‘completely failed in both the procurement and management of the contract to clean up the Magnox nuclear reactor and research sites’.
(Public Accounts Committee, 28 February 2018, link)
3. GMB, the union for nuclear workers, said the nuclear decommissioning authority should be renamed The Nuclear Development Agency.
Following the publication of the Public Accounts Committee report, GMB called for an overhaul of the NDA.
(GMB, 28 February 2018, link)
4. Wood secured a framework agreement to provide technical assistance on a new nuclear power station project at Bradwell, Essex.
This marks the next step of China’s ambition to export its civil nuclear technology to the UK.
(Nuclear Industry Association, 27 February 2018, link)
5. Sellafield published its final quarter update on its Particles in the Environment annual report.
(Sellafield Ltd, 26 February 2018, link)