1. Lorraine Baldry OBE was announced as the new Chair of Sellafield LTD.
On 17 April 2018 the Government opened a consultation into the interoperability of first generation smart meters.
1. Lord Henley, The Lords lead on Beis issues, confirmed in a written answer that no formal meetings have yet taken place on the nature of the future relationship with Euratom but that the European Commission is aware that the UK’s objective is to achieve a close association with Euratom.
1. The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority released its business plan for 2018 to 2021, announcing Sellafield’s Thorp reprocessing is on track to finish in 2018. Magnox’s reprocessing is due to be complete by 2020.
1. Greg Clark MP, Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, announced the UK will ‘continue to seek a close association with Euratom, including the possibility of future co-operation and nucelar non-proliferation and safeguards.’
On 28 March, Digital and Culture Secretary Matt Hancock MP, and Business Secretary Greg Clark MP announced the details of a brand new Creative Industries Sector Deal, agreed with the Creative Industries Council.
Energy from waste can help to address two of the Government’s complimentary objectives: clean growth and the circular economy.
The Government has published a revised set of government consultation principles.
On 20 March 2018, the House of Lords Liaison Committee published its recommendations for four new Ad Hoc Select Committees to be created in the 2017 – 19 session.
1. Project started at Dounreay to reduce risk of raffinate, with suppliers asked to express interest in participating.
The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Philip Hammond MP today delivered the first Spring Statement to Parliament which laid the groundwork for increased spending at the Budget in Autumn.