1. Hinkley Point C running to schedule and soon to meet major milestone
1.Failed nuclear projects cost National Grid £137 million
1. Sellafield fined after worker exposed to eight times the annual limit of plutonium
1. MAGNOX announces new CEO
In the Spring Statement 2019, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Philip Hammond MP, announced that the UK is going to shift towards low-carbon heating.
1. EDF faces pushback on plans for new nuclear in Suffolk
1. Public perception of nuclear revealed in Yougov poll
1. The Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee launches an investigation into the future of UK energy infrastructure
On Thursday 17 January 2019, Hitachi announced its suspension of the Wyfla Newydd nuclear project.
Last week, the Department for Transport launched a call for evidence on how to better use and implement light rail and other rapid transit solutions in cities and towns.
The UK energy market has now seen seven providers collapse in 2018.
The UK’s Capacity Market has been suspended following a legal challenge by an energy technology firm, Tempus Energy.